1 abounding with sunlight; "a bright sunny day"; "one shining norming"- John Muir; "when it is warm and shiny" [syn: bright, shining, shiny, sunshiny]
2 bright and pleasant; promoting a feeling of cheer; "a cheery hello"; "a gay sunny room"; "a sunny smile" [syn: cheery, gay] [also: sunniest, sunnier]
- Rhymes with: -ʌni
- An abundance of sunlight
- Sunny (song), a jazz standard by Bobby Hebb
- Seiyu Group, a Japanese supermarket
- Sunny (musical), a 1925 Jerome Kern musical
- Sunny (1930 film), a film adaptation of the musical
- Sunny (1941 film), a film adaptation of the musical
- Sunny (XM) - XM Satellite Radio channel 24
- Nissan Sunny, a vehicle
- A nickname for the popular television show "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia"
- One of the main characters in the film "I, Robot"
- Sunny, a character from Metal Gear Solid 4
- Sunny is a given name.
- It may also be short for Sundeep.
- It may also be an ironic nickname for a surly person.
- Tammy Sytch, professional wrestling diva, from her stage name
- Stephen Sunday, Spaniard footballer of Nigerian origin.
- Sunil Gavaskar, Indian cricketer, from his nickname
- Sunny Baudelaire, fictional character from the Series of Unfortunate Events books by Lemony Snicket
- Sunny (Cheryl Barldinger): competed for the American Gladiators in 1989.
- Sunny Lane, adult film star
- Sunny Leone, adult film star
- Sunny Boy, a Namibian musician.
- It may also be a short name for Sunita
sunny in Japanese: サニー
Leibnizian, Saturnian, aestival, aglow, balmy, beaming, beamy, blithe, blithesome, blood-hot, blood-warm, blushing, bright, bright and sunny, brilliant, bubbly, buoyant, burning, calid, candescent, cheerful, cheery, chiliastic, chirk, chirpy, chirrupy, clarion, clear, cloudless, couleur de rose, ebullient, elated, equatorial, eupeptic, euphoric, exalted, exhilarated, fair, fine, flushed, flushing, friendly, gay, genial, glad, gladsome, gleaming, gleamy, glinting, glowing, halcyon, happy, high, hopeful, illuminant, in good spirits, in high spirits, incandescent, irradiative, irrepressible, jolly, joyful, joyous, lamping, laughing, light as day, light-hearted, lightsome, luciferous, lucific, luciform, luke, lukewarm, luminant, luminative, luminiferous, luminificent, luminous, lustrous, mild, millenarian, millennialistic, mirthful, of good cheer, optimistic, orient, outgoing, perfectibilitarian, perfectionist, pleasant, radiant, rainless, riant, room-temperature, rose-colored, roseate, rosy, rutilant, rutilous, sanguine, sanguineous, shining, shiny, smiling, sparkling, starbright, starlike, starry, streaming, subtropical, suffused, summery, sunlit, sunshiny, temperate, tepid, thermal, thermic, toasty, tropical, unclouded, undarkened, unfrozen, upbeat, utopian, warm, warm as toast, warmish, winsome